Lignomat offers 3 options for measuring moisture in concrete and other hard building materials:
Pin – Pinless – In-situ RH
Pin and pinless meters can be used to give qualitative results of high and low moisture values. The advantage is that the meters give an instant read-out. Yet, pin or pinless measurements should not be used to determine if floor coverings or epoxy coatings can be installed. Most floor covering manufacturers added the in-situ RH test to their warranty requirements. Check the floor manufacturers manual to find out how concrete moisture has to be measured before installation of floor coverings.
Overview Concrete Moisture Meters from Lignomat
The Ligno-VersaTec is the only meter from Lignomat to allow all 3 functions pin-pinless-RH when measuring moisture in concrete.
- Pin Meters
- Pinless Meters
- RH in-situ Concrete Meters
- Combo Meter: Pin-Pinless-RH-In-situ
- Why buy a Moisture Meter from Lignomat
Lignomat’s removable, reusable RH BluePeg probes comply to the latest ASTM standard F2170. The system has proven to give fast, reliable and fail-proof results. The ASTM standard sets the time limits and duration of the in-situ probe test. Easy to install, easy to use, easy to remove and economical.
Pinless meters give instant moisture values when measuring moisture in concrete and other building materials. Measurements reach 1/4″ and 3/4″ deep. Considering the thickness of concrete slabs, the measurements only include sections close to the surface.
If you are performing in-situ RH testing, pinless measurements can show areas of high moisture concentrations, where the holes for the RH probes should be drilled. Pinless meters are used in the restoration industry after water spills and water damage originating from the top of the concrete.
Pin meters listed below can be used with the Electrode E16 to evaluate moisture in concrete:
The advantage of pin measurement is that measurements can be obtained at different depth levels up to 7″ deep indicating a moisture gradient in the slab. Predrilling holes may be necessary. Measurements are available as soon as the pins are set and the meter is connected.
The LignoVersaTec package V6-KS allows for measuring concrete
Why Lignomat Meters:
Accuracy of a moisture meter depends on the stability of the measuring circuitry and the ability to correct for the material to be measured.
Pin and Pinless Measurements
- Lignomat’s meters have a great track record for keeping their calibration stable for the life time of the meter. All our pinless meters have a built-in check and re-calibration feature to keep the calibration unchanged. Whether the meter is old or new, hot or cold, the calibration will stay for the life-time of the meter. The best examples are the original mini-Lignos, which were sold 40 years ago and to this day kept their calibration. If proof of calibration is required for a job, we supply external calibration check blocks for pin meters and for pinless meters.
- We continuously add correction factors to our meters to allow accurate measurements for different wood species and newly introduced materials to give our customers up-to-date moisture meters. In the past years we have added corrections for bamboo, OSB, Advantech and other flooring products. The latest addition for the building industry were corrections for wall panels, water resistant backer board and exterior and interior glass matt wall panels.
- Lignomat developed the RH BluPeg probe for in-situ probe testing of concrete and for ambient conditions (RH / Temp / DPT / GPP). The RH probe uses a single micro-chip sensor factory calibrated to NIST standards. For an extra charge we can supply an ISO 17025 accredited calibration certificate for individual RH BluePeg probes. For on-site calibration tests we supply a salt-solution.
We manufacture quality moisture meters. Our good reputation is the best testimony. Select the pinless meter you need and if you have a question call 800-227-2105 or send an Email to email@example.com.
We provide professional customer service in helping you to select the right meter for your application and once you own a Lignomat meter, you can still count on our expert advice. (Ask our customers.)
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com