The mini-Ligno S/DC is a great meter for measuring moisture in drywall. It is a pin moisture meter for wood, gypsum, drywall and other building materials with the following features:
- 2 Settings for wood species corrections: hardwoods, softwoods and panel products
- 3 Settings for gypsum, drywall and water resistant, interior and exterior glass-mat wall boards
- 1 Reference scale 0-99 for non-wood building materials such as plaster, insulation, concrete
- A measuring range low enough to check hardwood floors (6%*)
- A measuring range high enough to evaluate wet lumber (25%*)
- A bright, digital LED display readable even in poorly lit areas
- The red LED display is virtually indestructible, has a life-time warranty
- Resolution of 0.1% below the critical range of 10%, 1% steps above 10%
- Auto hold function displays the last measured value for 30 seconds to allow you to see the value, even if the display was hidden while measuring.
- Auto shut-off after 30 seconds to save battery power.
- Built-in automatic calibration check before each measurement to guarantee accurate readings for the life-time of the meter.
- Connection for external cables and electrodes. Attachments allow reaching areas,
which the built-in pins cannot reach, see below
Using a moisture meter is necessary for detecting, analyzing and then repairing unsafe moisture conditions in buildings. Moisture defects in the building envelope do not only look ugly, but can cause deterioration of building components by mold and dry rot. Mold is not only bad for structural integrity of a building, but mold can be very harmful to the human health.
An easy-to-use, reliable instrument.
The functionally designed mini-Ligno S/DC fits comfortably in your hand when measuring and is small enough to carry in a shirt-pocket. The green cap covers the pins during transportation and serves as a handle when pushing the pins into the wood. This unique design allows pushing behind the entire meter to insert the tapered pins easily. Longer pins (measuring depth 7/16″) are stored inside the meter for measuring thicker materials. Pins for 3/16″ (5mm) and 7/16″ (10mm) measuring depth come with each mini-Ligno.
Measurements: As you push the pins into the material to be measured, the unique on-off switch between the pins is depressed automatically and turns the meter on. Instantly bright LED lights indicate the moisture percentage. When the pins are taken out of the material, the last measurement is displayed for 30 seconds. This is important, when measuring in a location, where the display cannot be seen.
The LED display is virtually unbreakable and comes with a life-time warranty. No hassle ever with a broken display! Automatic on-off switch extends battery life.
Each mini-Ligno comes with a set of
#MA Pins for a measuring depth of 3/16″ (5mm) and
#MB Pins for a measuring depth of 7/16″ (10mm).
If the built-in pins at the S/DC meter cannot reach deep enough to measure trouble spots under window sills, in corners, through insulation etc., add the electrode E14-m and EL pins (7″) , see package S4-P.
— If you need to measure deeper than the integral pins of the meter can reach, choose one of the packages:
- Track moisture within walls, floors, ceilings, roofs with E14-m (pkg S4-P)
- Reach sub floors without removing floor planks with E12 (pkg S2-M)
- Measure thicker lumber without cutting, with E12 (pkg S2-M)
- Evaluating moisture in concrete and other hard materials with E16 (pkg S6-P)
- Monitor leaks in your home with remote cables with package S-10
- In-kiln monitoring with remote cables and probes with package S-11
— You have a choice between 2 mini-Lignos for building surveillance and restoration: the mini-Ligno S/DC or the DX/C. The DX/C offers the same settings for gypsum and building materials. However, the DX/C has 42 settings to correct for different domestic and tropical wood species. If you are a flooring contractor or manufacture and install cabinets, consider the mini-Ligno DX/C.
The standard mini-Ligno model is equipped with built in pins for handheld moisture measurements. mini-Ligno C-Models come with built in pins as well as connectors for use with external cables and electrodes.
(*) Low and high range vary with wood species settings. Moisture measurements are less accurate above fiber saturation point at about 25%.
For more information please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com