The mini-Ligno DX/C is one of our most popular pin moisture meters with the following features:
- 42 settings to correct for domestic, tropical wood species, OSB, AdvanTech, bamboo, panel products
- 3 Settings for gypsum, drywall and water resistant, interior and exterior glass-mat wall boards
- 1 reference scale 0-99 for non-wood building materials such as plaster, insulation, concrete
We continuously add new species and engineered products to the wood group list to give you an up-to-date meter.
- A measuring range low enough to check hardwood floors (5%*)
- A measuring range high enough to evaluate wet lumber (65%*)
- A bright, digital LED display readable even in poorly lit areas
- The red LED display is virtually indestructible, has a life-time warranty
- Resolution of 0.1% below the critical range of 10%, 1% steps above 10%
- Auto shut-of to save battery power.
- Built-in automatic calibration check before each measurement to guarantee accurate readings for the life-time of the meter.
- Connection for external cables and electrodes. Attachments allow reaching areas,
which the built-in pins cannot reach, see below
An easy-to-use, reliable moisture meter.
The functionally designed meter fits comfortably in your hand when measuring and is small enough to carry in a shirt-pocket. The green cap covers the pins during transportation and serves as a handle when pushing the pins into wood. This unique design allows pushing behind the entire meter to insert the tapered pins easily.
Measurements: As you push the pins into the material to be measured, the unique on-off switch between the pins, turns the moisture meter on automatically and bright LED lights instantly indicate moisture percentage. The LED display is virtually unbreakable and comes with a life-time warranty. No hassle ever with a broken display! Automatic on-off switch extends battery life.
Each mini-Ligno comes with a set of
#MA Pins for a measuring depth of 3/16″ (5mm) and
#MB Pins for a measuring depth of 7/16″ (10mm).
For core readings in thicker wood, you can make a fresh cut and measure the end grain. If that is not feasible, add the electrode E12 to the DX/C (package D-2M).
Besides the slide-hammer depth-electrode E12 we offer more attachments to better use your moisture meter to:
- Measure thicker lumber without cutting, add E12 (Pkg D2-M)
- Reach sub floors without removing floor planks, add E12 (Pkg D2-M)
- Track moisture in walls, floors, ceilings, roofs…, add E14 (Pkg D4-P
- Evaluate concrete moisture or other hard materials, add E16 (Pkg D6-P
- In-kiln monitoring with remote cables and probes, add kiln-cable (Pkg D-11)
The standard mini-Ligno model is equipped with built in pins for handheld moisture measurements. mini-Ligno C-Models come with built in pins as well as connectors for use with external cables and electrodes.
(*) Low and high range vary with wood species settings. Moisture measurements are less accurate above fiber saturation point at about 25%.
For more information please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com