For woodworking, hobbyists and all basic moisture meter uses. Accurate, reliable and affordable, to measure the moisture in wood with mini-Ligno MD/C.
- A measuring range low enough to check hardwood floors (6%)
- A high measuring range for wood up to 25%.
- 2 settings for wood species corrections: hardwoods, softwoods and panel products
- A bright, light-emitting numeric display readable even in poorly lit areas
- The red LED display is virtually indestructible, has a life-time warranty
- Display indicates moisture in 1% steps
- Auto shut off to save battery power.
- Built-in automatic calibration check before each measurement to guarantee accurate readings for the life-time of the meter.
- Connection for external cables and electrodes. Attachments allow reaching areas, which the built-in pins cannot reach, see below
An easy-to-use, reliable instrument.
The functionally designed meter fits comfortably in your hand when measuring and is small enough to carry in a shirt-pocket. The green cap covers the pins during transportation and serves as a handle when pushing the pins into wood. This unique design allows pushing behind the entire meter to insert the tapered pins easily. Each mini-Ligno comes with a set of longer pins for measuring deeper. The longer pins are stored inside the meter. The short pins are ideal for surface or end cut readings and for veneer.
Measurements: As you push the pins into the material to be measured, the unique on-off switch between the pins, turns meter on automatically and bright LED lights instantly indicate moisture percentage. The LED display is virtually unbreakable and comes with a life-time warranty. No hassle ever with a broken display! Automatic on-off switch extends battery life.
Each mini-Ligno comes with a set of
#MA Pins for a measuring depth of 3/16″ (5mm) and
#MB Pins for a measuring depth of 7/16″ (10mm).
For core measurements in thicker wood, you can make a fresh cut and measure the end grain. If it is not possible to cut the wood, select the package M-2M with electrode E12.
Besides the slide-hammer depth-electrode E12 we offer more attachments to better use your moisture meter to:
- Measure thicker lumber without cutting, with E12 (Pkg M2-M
- Track moisture in walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, with E14-m (Pkg M4-P)
- In-kiln monitor with remote cables and probes in a dry-kiln, (Pkg M-11)
- Monitor leaks in your home with remote cables, select M-10
If you have a small kiln operation, package M-11 is the economy kiln-monitor package. It gives you a moisture meter to measure at all times anywhere. Plus, you get one or multiple cables to be installed in the lumber stack in your kiln to measure moisture in the middle of the stack, top and bottom without entering the kiln.
If you have water damage in your home, under a window, in a roof, under the refrigerator, you can install a cable before closing up the walls and monitor if the problem re-occurs, package M-10. Works great to monitor crawl spaces or attics.
The standard mini-Ligno model is equipped with built in pins for handheld moisture measurements. mini-Ligno C-Models come with built in pins as well as connectors for use with external cables and electrodes.
(*) Low and high range vary with wood species settings. Moisture measurements are less accurate above fiber saturation point at about 25%.
For more information please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com