The mini-Ligno E/D pin moisture meter is the go-to meter for many woodworkers:
- A unique shape that fits comfortably in your hand when measuring
- A measuring range low enough to check hardwood floors (6%)
- A measuring range high enough to evaluate wet lumber (45%*)
- A bright, light-emitting numeric display readable even in dark crawl spaces
- The red LED display is virtually indestructible, has a life-time warranty
- 2 settings for wood species corrections: hardwoods and softwoods including panel products
- Auto shut off to save battery power.
- Built-in automatic calibration check before each measurement guarantees accurate readings for the life-time of the meter
- All moisture meters from Lignomat have a 2-year warranty
The functionally designed mini-Ligno E/D moisture meter fits comfortably in your hand when measuring and is small enough to carry in a shirt-pocket. The green cap covers the pins during transportation and serves as a handle when pushing the pins into wood. This unique design allows pushing behind the entire meter to insert the tapered pins easily. Each mini-Ligno comes with a set of longer pins for measuring deeper. The longer pins are stored inside the meter. The short pins are ideal for surface or end cut readings and for veneer.
For measurements, push the pins into wood. The unique on-off switch between the pins, turns meter on automatically and bright LED lights instantly indicate moisture percentage.
For core measurements in thicker wood, you can make a fresh cut and measure the end grain. If that is not feasible, select one of the mini-Ligno C models (see below) and add the E12 Slide-Hammer Depth-Electrode.
If you need to measure deeper than the integral pins of the meter can reach, select the mini-Ligno MD/C, S/DC or DX/C. The mini-Ligno C models have pins and a connection built-in for external cables and electrodes, which enables you to:
- Measure thicker lumber without cutting, select package M2-M or package D2-M.
- Reach sub floors without removing floor planks, select package M2-M or package D2-M.
- In-kiln monitoring with remote cables and probes, select package M-11 or package D-11.
- Track moisture in walls, floors, ceilings, roofs…, select package S4-P
- Monitor leaks in your home with remote cables, select package S-10
In-kiln: If you have a small kiln operation, package M-11 is the economy kiln-monitor package. It gives you a pin moisture meter to measure at all times anywhere. Plus, you get one or multiple cables to install in a lumber stack in your kiln to measure moisture in the middle, top and bottom of the stack without entering the kiln.
Track: The built-in pins at the E/D may not reach far enough to track moisture problems. You may want to choose the S4-P package with a hand probe to reach corners, ceilings, carpets.
Monitor: If you want to monitor critical areas in your home for water damage, crawl spaces, attics, around windows, in roofs and under the refrigerator, you can install a cable before closing up the walls and check periodically if the problem re-occurs. Works also when monitoring drying-out during restoration projects.
An easy-to-use, reliable instrument.
Pins for mini-Lignos :
#MA Pins for a measuring depth of 3/16″
#MB Pins for a measuring depth of 7/16″
Lignomat offers mini-Ligno moisture meters in two variations. The standard mini-Ligno model is equipped with built in pins for handheld moisture measurements. mini-Ligno C-Models come with built in pins as well as connectors for use with external cables and electrodes.
(*) Low and high range vary with wood species settings. Moisture measurements are less accurate above fiber saturation point at about 25%.
For more information please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Crt., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com