| Pinless Moisture Meters use electro-magnetic wave technology, which measures density in a three dimensional field underneath the instrument. If moisture varies within the segment, the average moisture content is indicated. Corrections are available for different wood species. Wood temperature does not affect moisture readings.
||Pin Moisture Meters measure the electrical resistance between two pins. If moisture varies within the small measuring area, the highest value is indicated. Corrections are available for different wood species and different wood temperatures.
|Lignomat’s Pinless Moisture Meters
||Lignomat’s Pin Moisture Meters
- Scan large areas quickly and are good indicators for water pockets and moisture changes across the board.
- Leaves no pin holes.
- Indicates average within measuring field. Cannot show differences between surface and core moisture. *
- Requires a smooth surface and a flat measuring area.
- Select the Scanner with the appropriate measuring depth:
1/4″ or 3/4″
1/4″ and 3/4″dual-depth
*Dual-depth meters can indicate differences between surface and core moisture.
- Give precise readings and are good indicators for evenly or unevenly dried wood.
- Leave two pin holes.
- Indicate highest moisture value.
- Insulated pins measure only at the depth they are driven to.
- Not affected by surface texture or shape as long as both pins can be inserted.
- Measure narrow spaces up to 7″ deep with EL Pins. Can be extended with remote cables and probes.