Lignomat quality at the best price. The M4-P package is used to detect moisture problems in buildings. That can be a tricky job, because moisture hides behind structural components and travels, wherever it finds a path. It is often impossible to reach these trouble spots with the integral pins of a handheld meter. An external electrode is required. The multi-purpose electrode E14-m is specifically designed for that purpose.
The E14-m is also used for measuring wood, especially for measuring wood too hard for the meter pins to be pushed in by hand. and where measurements should be deeper with insulated pins.
The package consists of:
- mini-Ligno MD/C
- Electrode E14-m with cable
- EG pins, teflon-coated 3/4″ depth
- Case S (optional)
The mini-Ligno MD/C offers Lignomat quality at its best price. The measuring range of 6%-25% is still wide enough to cover all applications from woodworking to home construction and home restoration, lumber drying, even measuring firewood. Correction settings are built-in for measuring hardwoods, softwoods and panel products. When measuring non-wood building materials high and low moisture levels can be compared.
Electrode E14-m with EG pins can be used for measuring moisture on any surface up to 3/4″ deep with insulated pins EG. In addition, the slim shape of the E14 allows checking tight places, around pipes, below window sills, in wall corners, places which cannot be reached easily with other hand probes. If the pins are hammered into the material, consecutive readings show moisture changes within the material at every depth level the pins are driven to. Adding the 7″ long EL pins lets you reach through insulation or under baseboards into structural components. Great for EIFS inspections.
The knob at the end of the handle can be removed and replaced by a paint brush handle or broom stick. Using the paint brush handle allows to extend the reach to keep a safe distance from mold infested areas and still be able to get reliable measurements. Extending the handle with a broom stick makes measuring carpets and carpet padding easy without crouching down. Ceilings can be checked for moisture leakage without a ladder.
Pins measure only at the tip. EG and EL pins are teflon-coated up to the electrode handle. Moisture from a wet surface is never picked up, even if the pins are pushed all the way into the material.
Using the external electrode E14-m allows you to keep the meter display visible in front of you. Measuring ceilings, walls or floors with the meter itself can make it impossible to see the display.
Electrode and pins are very sturdy and allow hard pounding to insert pins into hard materials. Works for strand bamboo as well as hard and cementitious panel products.
Electrode E14-m comes with a cable with a slit end and 2mm plugs to fit the mini-Ligno C’s,
and 1 pair EG pins.
EG pins teflon coated, measuring depth 3/4″
EL pins teflon coated, measuring depth 7″
If your job asks for assessing moisture infiltration in buildings you have choices which products to use:
- The package M4-P described above allows measurements of moisture from surface up to 3/4″ deep with teflon-coated EG pins and up to 7″ deep, if EL pins are added.
- Dual-depth pinless meters from Lignomat allow measuring moisture on flat surfaces up to 1/4″ and 3/4″ deep, producing one moisture value for the entire measuring field. Pinless meters cannot show different moisture levels at different depths, only pin meters are able to do that.
- V4-S package, combines advantages of pin and pinless measuring technology. Lignomat quality at its best.
- Infrared cameras are fast in giving an overall picture of moisture accumulations. However, how deep the moisture reaches or if there is still residual moisture behind the surface can only be measured with a pin meter.
For more information please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com