Meter and electrode are used to detect high, low or uneven moisture while drying and before using. The electrode E12 allows measuring a moisture gradient between surface and core. True moisture levels can be detected up to 2″ deep, even behind wet surfaces.
The package M2-M consists of:
The mini-Ligno MD/C offers Lignomat quality at its best price. The measuring range of 6%-25% is still wide enough to cover applications from woodworking to home construction and home restoration, lumber drying, even measuring firewood. Correction settings are built-in for measuring hardwoods, softwoods and panel products.
The integral pins at the mini-Ligno can measure 7/16” deep. When the pins cannot reach the core of the wood, a fresh cut can be made to measure the end grain for core measurements. If cutting the material is not feasible, use the Electrode E12.
Electrode E12: The E12 is designed to measure from the surface to 2″ deep (with DB pins). All E12 pins are insulated and measure only at the tip. The slide hammer helps inserting and removing the pins. As pins are hammered into the wood, consecutive readings show the moisture distribution within the wood at every depth level the pins are driven to. The ability to measure a moisture gradient is one of the main reasons for our customers to use the electrode E12.
Wood: Taking numerous readings as pins are inserted, indicate if a moisture gradient exists or if the wood is dry throughout the core. Making sure wood is evenly dried is the best assurance for quality wood products. The thicker the wood, the more important core readings become. When inspecting wood floors, using the E12 gives you a tool to assess moisture distribution through floor planks into the sub floor without having to remove any floor planks. Using the electrode E12 with insulated pins guarantees measuring accuracy at a defined depth from surface to core.
Restoration: The moisture in structural components even behind wall coverings can be checked with the electrode E12. When assessing water damage, the pins of the E12 can be driven to different depth levels and thus indicate how far water has been absorbed or if there is still residual moisture inside the structure after drying. Insulated pins can measure dry material behind wet surfaces.
E12 pins are teflon-coated to only measure at the tip. This is important to determine if a moisture gradient exists from a dry surface towards to wet core, but it is equally important to be able to measure through a wet surface to determine how far moisture has been absorbed and at what depth the material is dry.
The electrode E12 comes with 1 pair each of 1″ pins and 1 pair of 1.5″. The 2″ long pins need to be ordered separately.
E12 pins are teflon coated to only measure at the tip and come in three sizes:
– DZ Pins insulated, measuring depth 1”
– DA Pins insulated, measuring depth 1.5”
– DB Pins insulated, measuring depth 2” (order separately)
Add-on Electrode E14-m:
- We recommend adding the electrode E14-m, if the round head of the E12 cannot reach the area to be measured or if measurement should reach deeper than 2″. (Package M24-M) The slim shape of the electrode allows for checking around pipes, below window sills, in wall corners, places where round electrodes or built-in pins from moisture meters cannot reach. With the E14-m you can truly track moisture wherever it hides. Adding the 7″ long EL pins enables you to reach through insulation or under baseboards into structural components. Great for EIFS inspections.
- The E14-m with EG pins has proven to be strong enough to withstand hard pounding on top of the electrode handle when measuring hard materials even concrete.
Add-on in-kiln cables:
We offer cables, in-kiln monitors and kiln control systems for small to industrial lumber dry kilns. Contact 800-227-2105 for recommendations.
For more information, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com