- The D4-P package is used to detect moisture problems in buildings and moisture in home. That can be a tricky job, because moisture hides behind structural components and travels, wherever it finds a path. It is often impossible to reach these trouble spots with the integral pins of a handheld meter. An external electrode is required. The multi-purpose electrode E14-m is specifically designed for that purpose.
- The E14-m is also used for woodworking and flooring, especially for measuring materials too hard for the meter pins to be pushed in by hand.
The package consists of:
- mini-Ligno DX/C
- Electrode E14-m with cable
- EG pins, teflon-coated 3/4″ depth
- Case S (optional)
mini-Ligno DX/C: The moisture meter of your choice, the mini-Ligno DX/C is the most advanced among the mini-Lignos great for detecting moisture in home. It comes with pins and a connector built-in for external electrodes or monitor cables. Features are the wide measuring range and 46 correction settings built-in for measuring domestic and tropical wood species, making this meter a good choice when you accurately want to measure wood floors . In addition gypsum and different types of wall boards, bamboo and panel products. and a reference scale for building materials such as concrete are also included.
For wood: The integral pins at the mini-Ligno measure 7/16” deep. When measuring thicker lumber, you can make a fresh cut and measure the end grain to reach the core. If it is not feasible to cut the wood, you can add the electrode E12 for depth measurements.
For building materials: The pins on the meter work well in soft materials such as drywall for a depth of 7/16″. If corners and tight places cannot be reached with the integral meter pins, add the electrode E14-m or E16, whichever is more convenient. Add EL pins for measuring in-depth up to 7″ deep.
Electrode E14-m with EG pins can be used for measuring moisture on any surface up to 3/4″ deep with insulated pins EG. In addition, the slim shape of the E14 allows checking tight places, around pipes, below window sills, in wall corners, places which cannot be reached easily with other hand probes. If the pins are hammered into the material, consecutive readings show moisture changes within the material at every depth level the pins are driven to. Adding the 7″ long EL pins lets you reach through insulation or under baseboards into structural components. Great for EIFS inspections.
The knob at the end of the handle can be removed and replaced by a paint brush handle or broom stick. Using the paint brush handle allows to extend the reach to keep a safe distance from mold infested areas and still be able to get reliable measurements of moisture in home. Extending the handle with a broom stick makes measuring carpets and carpet padding easy without crouching down. Ceilings can be checked for moisture leakage without a ladder.
Pins measure only at the tip. EG and EL pins are teflon coated up to the electrode handle. Moisture from a wet surface is never picked up, even if the pins are pushed all the way into the material.
Using the external electrode E14-m allows you to keep the meter display visible in front of you. Measuring ceilings, walls or floors with the meter itself can make it impossible to read the numbers on the display.
Electrode and pins are very sturdy and allow hard pounding to insert pins into hard materials. Works for strand bamboo as well as hard and cementitious panel products.
Electrode E14-m comes with a cable with a slit end and 2mm plugs to fit the mini-Ligno C’s,
and 1 pair EG pins.
EG pins teflon coated, measuring depth 3/4″
EL pins teflon coated, measuring depth 7″
If your job asks for assessing moisture infiltration in buildings, you have choices which products to use:
- The package D4-P described above allows measurements of surface moisture and up to 3/4″ deep with teflon-coated EG pins and up to 7″ deep, if EL pins are added.
- Dual-depth pinless meters from Lignomat allow measuring flat surfaces up to 1/4″ and 3/4″ deep. A fast way to find wet versus dry areas.
- V4-S package, combines advantages of pin and pinless measuring technology.
- Infrared cameras are fast in giving an overall picture of moisture accumulations. However, how deep the moisture reaches or if there is still residual moisture behind the surface can only be measured with a pin meter.
For more information please contact Customer Service at 1-800-227-2105.
Lignomat USA Ltd, 14345 NE Morris Ct., Portland OR 97230, USA,
Email: sales@Lignomat.com, www.Lignomat.com